CANOUAN BUCKET LIST
Why we love it?
Canouan Island is a place very dear to our hearts. It’s where the idea of starting CRASQI first emerged while on holiday and has brought us great inspiration for our brand. It’s a tiny private island that belongs to Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, which very few people in the world know about.
The island is the ultimate destination for high profile entrepreneurs & celebrities, and lately a hideout for those who just want to escape the World and get away from it all. Canouan Island is a true gem, and if you want to spoil yourself, this is the place to do so.
FIRST THINGS FIRST - How do we get there?
Fly from the US into Barbados, St Lucia, or Saint Vincent; fly straight into Barbados from the UK.
- Then, take a quick flight into Canouan Island with SVG Air, Grenadines Airlines or rent a private charter.
- Canouan Airport is equipped to received super-jets, so if you fly private, you can literally fly direct into Canouan from anywhere in the World.
THE CREW - Who’s in?
Canouan is a good place for:
- Those who enjoy extreme privacy
- Golfers (Canouan has an award-winning golf course)
- Those with very high standards when it comes to service and travel
HOTELS - Where to stay?
- Soho Beach House: if you're a Soho House member, you can book one of the 40 beachfront rooms that are impeccably decorated "Soho House style" and just steps away from the white sand beach.
- Mandarin Oriental: equipped with 26 beachfront suites and 13 Villas, this hotel offers the ultimate luxury experience. The spa offers some lavish treatments that will help re-set your body and soul.
- Canouan Estate: if you're going with a group or if you're staying for an extended period of time, we suggest you stay at one of the stunning private villas that are part of Canouan Estate. As a guest, you'll get full access to the entire Canouan Estate, which includes 5+ fantastic private beaches, 3 restaurants, an award-winning golf-course, tennis courts and an incredible kids club from where children never want to leave.
- Sandy Lane Yacht Club: for those looking to spend a night or two in between sailing trips across the Grenadines Islands, we recommend the apartments or the villas at SLYC. It's just steps away from the marina and equipped with 3 beaches, a paddle tennis court, gym and a business center.
DINING - What to eat/drink?
EXPERIENCES - What to do?
Visit the CRASQI shop at the marina and check out the mega-yachts while you’re there:
- Visit the Turtle Sanctuary by Mandarin Beach
- Go hiking to Mt. Royal, it’s 877 ft above sea level, and the views are spectacular!
- Go to Captain Phil’s Coffee Shop, and if you’re lucky, you’ll get to meet Harry the donkey
- Visit the church, a gorgeous Anglican church brought from England in the 17th century, which today is a non-denominational church. It’s perfect for weddings and ceremonies!
- Get the best massage of your life at the Mandarin Oriental Spa
- Watch the sunset from the 13th hole
- Paddleboarding in the Carenage Bay
- Snorkeling in the Reef or Secret Beach
- Rent a sailboat and visit the Tobago Keys
- Go Kayaking
- Book a private dining experience at Mahault Beach
- Sunset drinks at Soho House
- Take a fishing trip with @grenadinesfishing
- Explore the many beautiful beaches around the island:
- L'Anse Guyac
- Shell Beach
- Glossy Bay
- Mahault Beach
- Twin Bay
- Secret Beach
- Mandarin Beach
If you go, don't forget to tag us on your pics enjoying the island.